Our programs are built on the philosophy that young people facing these difficult challenges can benefit from the powerful, healing impact of life and work on farms, ranches and exposure to animals, the outdoors and fresh air. They also create affordable and accessible pathways for those who cannot afford more expensive alternatives. We hope participation will:
- Relieve stress and anxiety for teens and their caregivers.
- Compliment the benefits of therapy and medication
- Reduce and avoid conflicts with the criminal justice system and other adverse outcomes
- Stabilize the teen in hopes of increasing the effectiveness of treatment
- Improve self-esteem and increase motivation
- For some, trigger an interest in a vocation or career around agriculture and animals
"While we try to teach our children all about life, the farm teaches us what life's all about."